Nan Leverett is a civil lawyer whose practice includes personal injury, property, and business disputes. Ms. Leverett has an extensive background working with experts in products liability and personal injury cases. Her commercial litigation background includes commercial leases, easement law, general property law, and various business contract disputes. She also helps small to mid-sized companies create and grow their businesses.
Ms. Leverett received her undergraduate degree from Baylor University, her masters degree from Middlebury College, and her Doctor of Jurisprudence degree, cum laude, from the University of Houston. While attending the University of Houston, Ms. Leverett served as a Casenotes & Comments Editor for the Houston Journal of International Law and worked on the Law and Society Review. She was an English teacher for many years before attending law school.
Licenses and Professional Associations:
- Licensed to practice in Texas since 2003
- Licensed to practice in the Southern District of Texas
Honors and Awards:
- Rising Star, recognized by Thomson Reuters ( 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013)
- Founder and Chair, Tomorrow’s Attorneys Pipeline Program (TAPP), Houston Young Lawyers Association (2007-2011)
- First Place Award of Achievement for TAPP, American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division (2008)
- Nomination, Outstanding Young Lawyer, American Bar Association (2008)
- Outstanding Committee Chair, Houston Young Lawyers Association (2004, 2008)
Ms. Leverett has a long history of supporting educational community endeavors. In 2006, she was a founding board member of CathARTx, an art therapy program for youth living in group homes. In 2007, she created Tomorrow’s Attorneys Pipeline Program (TAPP), which brought high school students, law school students, and lawyers together for networking and career development strategies. She has volunteered with the ABA’s Judicial Internship Opportunity Program, and she continues to provide mentoring to college students and law school students.
When she is not drafting brilliant legal arguments, she can be found training with her rescue dog Griff and camping in the mountains of Southern Colorado.